Best Books I Read In 2012

Last year, I set a goal to read at least 100 books.  As much as I enjoy writing, I enjoy reading more.  And I didn't limit myself to just adult books.  I enjoyed a few young adult reads as well as a few children's books.  This year I've set a goal to read at least 113 books.  We'll see how that goes.  In meantime, here are a few of the best books I read in 2012.


I don't even know where to begin with this book.  I fell completely in love with it.  Like it was in my hand for 24 hours straight!  James does such a create job of bring Ana and Christian to life.  And this book goes way deeper than just the sex. Trust me if you've ever read any urban erotica then you'd know this is still mild stuff.

This book is about learning to love, stepping outside of your comfort zone, healing and realizing what you deserve and who you are.  I'm so anxious for them to get started on the movie and can't wait until it hits theaters!  Definitely read this book if you're 18 and over!


From Interview With The Vampire to the Twilight saga, it seems like vampire books can do no wrong.  And the Vampire Empire series is no exception.  Book one was addictive.  Couldn't put it down.  Everybody loves a hero.  But happens when your hero turns out to be one of your enemies?  



So, forget Kim and her sex tape and her baby with a man that's not her husband.  Kris Jenner drops a serious bomb about why she and Robert Kardashian got divorced.  This book gives some insight on how the Kardashians have come to be the entertainment moguls that they are.  You get a sense of why Kris goes so hard for her family and why she's a great momager.



Have you ever felt like you were invisible?  Well, you're not alone.  In this book, you'll meet a lovely and devoted mom of two and wife who is invisible figuratively and literally.   But does her family notice it?  Nope.  

Thank goodness for her friend Gilda and a support group filled with other invisible who help Clover to keep her sanity as she deals with the suddenly becoming invisible.  This book is witty and charming.  Definitely a must read in my opinion for moms and wives everywhere.



Three friends-Dorie, Ellis and Julia- are different intersections in life.  They decide to go away for a summer vacation and some much needed girl time.  What could possibly go wrong or happen in one summer?  A lot when you throw a mysterious backyard neighbor/landloard and strange new housemate on the run from her abusive husband.

This was my first time reading anything by Mary Kay Andrews and I'm hooked.  I love writing style and how she was able to pack so much action and drama into this one book without making it seem crazy.  I wish their was a part two or follow to this book.  Winter Rental maybe?


What good books did you read in 2012?

No comments