Sunday Post #4


Happy Sunday!  I am so sore y'all.  I re-started my workouts and let me tell y'all, I felt so out of shape.  I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that it takes our bodies longer than men's to adjust to working out again after taking a break.  This is just so not fair.

The bright side is that my kids have been joining me for my workouts and cheering me on.  It's been so encouraging hearing their little voices shout things like "You can do it, Mommy"  or "You're doing so good."  My son told me he was so proud of me for getting in shape and I wanted to cry a puddle of tears.  I'm so grateful that my kids are so sweet and supportive.

I hope that your weekend was as lovely as mine was!


In Case You Missed It

I'm glad to be back to blogging and filming videos on a regular basis!  🎉🎉  It feels really good to be spending more time here because Southern Sagittarius just feels more me.  It's hard to put into words.  Anyways, if you've missed my last few posts and vlogs, check them out below.




Coming Up

This week on Southern Sagittarius you can expect to see my late TBB Asks Cozy Edition Q&A post.  I totally forgot that they close the linkup for their TBB Asks posts earlier than they do for their Friday Loves one.  So I won't get to add my link to the official linkup, but since I did write the post out, I want to still publish it and share my answers with y'all.  Plus, I think these Q&As help you all to get to know me better.

Also, this week I'll be doing a blog post to accompany my September TBR video because everyone who comes to my blog isn't anyways subscribed to my YouTube channel.  I'll be announcing the official name and all the details for my upcoming readathon.  And I'll be doing my usual Friday Five Currently post.  There may be a book review thrown in.  I'm not sure yet.

Recently Read


Influencer by Brittany Hennessy was so good!  I don't want to go into details, but it was great hearing from a brand influencer/talent scout/director about what brands are actually looking for when scouting influencers to work with.  This is definitely worth a read if you blame on monetizing your brand.


I had to speed read To All The Boys I've Loved Before in order to finish it before the Netflix movie (which I thought was going to be a series) came out.  I don't know why I waited so long to get into this series, but I'm glad that I did.

Currently Reading


Dread Nation |  This is a reread for me.  When I first heard about this book, I wasn't completely sure if I'd like it because it's a zombies meets Civil War story.  However, I knew that I had to at least give a try because I do enjoy historical fiction and love supporting fellow Black authors.  It's the zombies that I'm not a huge fan of.

But OMG, I ended up loving this book so much.  Definitely worth reading.  Don't let the zombies scare you off from reading this book.  It's about so much more than that.


The Total Money Makeover |  I'm getting my financial life in order.  I have some big purchases I need and want to make like getting a new car.  And I want to be in a financial position to pay mostly cash for those things.  

Also, I want to be able to do more traveling with my family.  Most importantly, I just want to NOT feel stressed out over money.  So I'm hoping to pick up some great advice from this book

Recently Acquired

I've slowed down on the number of books I acquire every week.  At least in my opinion.  My daughter told me that I'm always getting a new book in the mail every day.  And some weeks it does feel like that, but not as of late.  Here's a lot of everything I acquired recently

Library Haul

This is my first library haul of September.  I pretty much visit my library once or more a week to pick up and/or return books.  So there may or may not be some new book faces here next week. Depends on how Hurricane Florence treats us over these next few days.  Fingers crossed we don't end up stuck in the house with zero power, but if we do, I have some great reads below.


P.S. I Still Love You & Always and Forever, Lara Jean |  Since I really enjoyed the first book in this series, I'm continuing on to finish up the last two.  I did start reading Book 2, but put it down to reread Dread Nation.


The Great Hunt & The Great Pursuit |  I have no clue what either of these books is about except for the two sentences on each cover.  I was sold on the cover of the first book alone.  It was giving me total Disney's Princess Merida vibes.  I love Disney and Merida is one of my favorite princesses.  So, I just had to pick these up.  


Tyler Johnson Was Here |  So this book kind of runs in the same vein as Angie Thomas' The Hate U Give.  It's about a boy named Marvin who goes to this party with his twin brother Tyler.  An altercation breaks out at the party and Tyler ends up missing.  Marvin goes on a mission to find his brother and ends up discovering the chilling and disturbing fact that Tyler was murdered.  At the hands of a cop.

I can't wait to read this.  I'm preparing myself because police brutality is a subject that hits home and has been hitting home to the Black community.  I'm glad more and more of us (Black folks) are telling OUR OWN stories.


The Book Jumper |  Listen, if I could be anything in the world, I'd probably be a book jumper like the girl in this story.  This was another book that I picked up purely based on the cover and ended up falling in love with the book summary.  Can't wait to start this series. 


The Boy In The Striped Pajamas |  Ever since I read Salt To The Sea and Between Shades of Grey by Ruta Septys, I have been slightly obsessed with reading more World War II fiction.  This is a middle-grade novel and I'm fully expecting to have nothing but water works while reading this.  Getting my Kleenex ready now.

Purchased

I'm proud of myself because I've been doing a great job of not bringing in any more physical books in terms of buying them.  eBooks, on the other hand, is a different story.  Thankfully, I've only purchased a few these last few weeks.

                   

All the Little Things |  A romance in which the male love interest is playing hard to get?  Yeah, I'll take it.  While the characters in this book are teenagers, I don't think that this book is classified as a YA romance.  Also, this book does discuss/explore rape and sexual abuse.  

A Girl Like Her |  Autistic heroine falls for an ex-military hero sounds like a story that is right up my reading alley.  I can't wait to get into Ruth and Evan's story.  This is an interracial romance.

Spells and Spiced Latte |  A coffee truck barista who is also a witch.  Listen, I'm a sucker for cozy mysteries that involve food and/or magic.  I'm saving this one to read during my readathon.  Hopefully, it won't disappoint.

Bookish Giveaways

Did you love Stephanie Meyer's Twilight saga? You can enter to win a copy of Twilight (Kindle edition).

Love audiobooks on CD?  Check out this portable CD/walkman player giveaway. 

Need a new Kindle?  Enter to win this Kindle Fire HD 10 with Alexa or this Kindle Paperwhite!

South African sci-fi anyone?  Check out Temper by Nicky Drayden.

Kids will love Harbor Lights

I'm giving away a copy of Talia Hibbert's The Princess Trap.

If you love Harry Potter, then this magic wand giveaway and this one are right up your alley. 



What have you been reading lately?  How was your weekend? Let's talk in the comments!


Follow Me: Facebook - Twitter - Bloglovin

Linking up with Caffeinated Reviewer.

4 comments

  1. Looking forward to deets about your readathon. You've got some great things going on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am currently reading Birthday Girl and just finished Fangirl. Fangirl was okay and Birthday Girl has got me totally hooked. My kids to the same for me when I work out. It's like they can't believe their mom is trying to be something other than sedentary. They are so supportive and even join me on occasion. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. You are very busy and I enjoyed your post. Hope you enjoy all your new books.
    sherry @ fundinmental Sunday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh! That post workout soreness. It can be so horrid. And yes, men make me so jealous! Everything is easier - adjusting to the workouts again, losing weight and getting in shape! Gah. They have NO IDEA!

    I'm glad the kids are cheering you on! That's so awesome.

    Glad you had a good weekend and glad that you're back on the blog a bit more. I'm trying to do a bit of the same!

    I need to read TATBILB!

    Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete